I want to share recipes that I make. So there’s that.
I don’t pretend that this recipe bears any resemblance to real stir-fry. But there is both stirring and frying involved.
All these quantities are fairly approximated.
1 tbsp sesame oil
1/2 Green bell pepper
(some) onion–I’m not a giant onion person so I only put in a bit
1 stick of celery
1/3 head of broccoli
(Chicken is also good in this recipe but I usually just make it with veggies)
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup white or brown rice. I am assuming you are lazy like me and using instant white rice for this recipe.
1 tbsp siracha
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
2-4 tbsp light sodium soy sauce
2 tsp-1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1/3 cup water
1 pinch: salt, pepper, (old bay, which I put in absolutely every food), whatever smells like it would be good in this monstrosity)
MAKING THIS FOOD
1) wash off your veggies
2) heat up a skillet on medium heat, add the sesame oil. At the same time, heat up a pan for the water for your rice.
3) chop up all the veggies together and put them in the pan. once the water is boiling for the rice pan, take it off the heat and add the 1/2 cup of instant rice. Cover it up and set it aside for at least 5 minutes.
4) start mixing together the sauces in a little bowl. Don’t forget to check up on your veggies.
5) once the veggies are decently cooked, add 1/2 of the sauce.
6) when the rice is done, add it to the skillet and add the rest of the sauce. Let it cook for a few minutes. I usually leave it like 2-3 more minutes.
7) Eat that up. It should make 2 reasonable portions.
I’ll add pictures if I ever get a camera that doesn’t suck.