So I didn’t originally intend that Quiet Grrrl would be a personal blog, but now that I’m writing about comics over at Novi Magazine, I think personal stuff will hang out over here (considering that blogspot isn’t really used by anybody anymore).
At first I thought that resolutions were really dumb. “Oh hey look at me I am totally going to choose to become super buff/studious/determined this year. Totally unlike all the other years I said I was going to.” I resolved not to resolve to do much of anything.
Then I started thinking about it and I really do want to make some changes in my life.
- I want to learn how to do different cool things with my nails. Particularly water marbling and doing cool little stripey things.
- I want to be able to lift a 40 lb barbell with little to no difficulty.
- I want to beat every single DDR song on the PS2 DDR games with an A on every single one.
- I want to stop procrastinating so much when it comes to sitting down and editing.
- I want to write more.
- I want to bake something for a friend at least once a month.
I am never again going to make a stupid resolution like “This is the year I lose 121310 pounds!”
From where I’m sitting, I’ve got one heck of a life. Check this shit out. My job is amazing. My apartment is super cute. My friends are the most amazing, creative, talented people. They create art and music, and they accept me for the derpy goober that I am. My family, while a little bit crazy, are all loving people (if not pretty weird).
There is nowhere I’d rather be than right here.